Emily and Joe: Classic, Sophisticated Wedding at Old Stone Church and The Union Club

January 31, 2012

pictures courtesy of Marisan photography!

As I write this post, I am listening to Kernkraft 400 by Zombie Nation. Click here if you don't know what I'm talking about, and keep reading to find out why.

Emily and I began working together in the winter of 2010, while she was living in DC, her mom in Minnesota, and her fiance Joe in LA. Through the 8 months that followed, she moved to LA, took the California bar exam and got married! I was overjoyed to help her with all of the plans. I was able to play a huge part in everything, as Emily and Joe wanted to create an intimate and inviting atmosphere for their guests. Emily's wedding style is best described as classic, simplistic and sophisticated.

A few of my favorites from this beautiful wedding include:

-the first time I met Joe (at the ceremony rehearsal), he said to me, "Thank you for making my life livable for the past 10 months!".
-all of our blue accents -- lighting, monogram, satin tied ribbons at Old Stone Church, our blue water glasses, stationery
-the personalized cake topper that looks like Emily and Joe!
-the "Moscow Mule" as our specialty drink at the Union Club -- this is their OWN signature drink, so E&J chose to embrace that. They drank it out of the signature stainless mugs at the reception!
-these two are HUGE Penn State fans, and so is their entire bridal party. "Hang on Sloopy" was listed on the "do not play" list, and this was no joking matter. Did you know that Kernkraft 400 by Zombie Nation is the popular song for PSU fans? I didn't either, but love that song nonetheless! There was lots of college football on that day, and the groom/groomsmen kept watching pieces of it, but so did the bride and the bridesmaids!
-using Lolly the Trolley for guests to ride around downtown on (fun for out of towners!)

Today I received the most beautiful thank you note from Emily. It is so nice to be able to help people with such a monumental day in their lives and see what an impact I can make just by doing my job.

Congratulations Emily and Joe! I wish you the best in your married life together!!!!