A Nightmare Before Christmas Wedding at Josaphat Arts Hall: Kristen & Chris

February 20, 2012


pictures courtesy of Inlux Photography

I consider myself privileged to have had the opportunity to work on all details of Kristen and Chris' wedding day on October 29, 2011! It was just the entire package of the people, personal taste and genuine personalities that make it truly memorable for me to have been involved for a year with the planning!

Debbie, Kristen's mother, first contacted me from the Cincinnati area, letting me know she researched Kirkbrides and was very impressed with our website, weddings and reviews and would like to set up a meeting. She had a wedding planner at her own wedding years ago and wouldn't dream of planning her only daughter's wedding without one! We all hit it off right away, and I crossed my fingers as they all walked away and held a mini conference to discuss things, came back and told me the same day they'd like to work with me on their wedding plans!

Chris and Kristen absolutely LOVE the movie Nightmare Before Christmas. This movie influenced the choice of date (October 29), venue (Josaphat Arts Hall - a former Roman Catholic Church renovated into an art gallery), our color scheme (red, black and white with pumpkins) and most of our creative elements of the day. One of the very first things Kristen knew she wanted when Chris first proposed to her by singing one of the songs from the movie was a RED wedding dress! I am pretty sure that everything these two do is different and unique so of course the wedding dress and wedding just had to go along with that as well!

Our ceremony not only featured Ryan from Rock the House as our officiant, but also an organized "flash mob" of readers. K&C assigned 10 friends various readings from their favorite movies and plays to stand up and read impromptu from the audience at various times throughout the ceremony. What a great idea! It was very special and memorable. After the ceremony everyone was handed a red balloon to release as K&C exited the hall.

Our reception included a jam packed dance floor all night long also courtesy of Rock the House DJ Eli, centerpieces consisting of candelabras and pumpkins and a black wrought iron altar backdrop from Grande Designs, fall themed, damask and Nightmare cupcakes from White Flower Cake Shoppe, and a super fun open wall photobooth customized with (what else?) the moonlight scene from Nightmare Before Christmas. Our candy buffet was stocked with K&C's favorite Halloween candy, and late night food buffet from A Taste of Excellence included their fave foods - tater tots, queso dip with multi-colored chips and mini sliders! Our amazing stationery was all created by Debbie, Kristen's mom!

It was truly a pleasure working on this wedding day and I can say with certainty it was one of the most original weddings I've done to date! Congratulations Kristen and Chris! I know you have years of FUN and lots of happiness ahead of you!

Enjoy these pictures that capture the wedding perfectly, by Jarred and Heather at Inlux!!!
















































Debbie McCormick (M of the B) said...

Valarie - we adore you and your team!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I send this link to my daughter just now! Of course, she and her fiance are not ready to get married yet, but they both love Nightmare Before Christmas! And I am really digging the whole red-and-black theme!

Jim Unger said...

WoW!

I love this wedding! How creative, FUN and colorful!

Beautiful bride!

Excellent photography! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

What a good blog you have here. Please update it more often. This topics is my interest. Thank you. . . asian wedding photography london

Unknown said...

the candles that say frinkenstien. where did you get those or how were they made. Love the pictures

Erin C. said...

I really want to know where the frosted candle holders were gotten and any Nightmare Before Christmas items...What a wonderful looking wedding, has helped give me ideas!!!! Congratulations to the couple!!