Frozen Fairytale Styled Shoot at Tudor Arms

September 13, 2016


 
"Only an act of true love can thaw a frozen heart." -Olaf

When the Kirkbrides wedding planners picked their favorite fairytale to detail out in a wedding-centric styled shoot, I had such a hard time deciding.  I love them all, truly!  Having 2 little girls, my life has been very much wrapped up in the Frozen craze of the past few years so the team all encouraged me that I just "had to be the one to do Frozen". 

List of vendors who helped achieve this styled shoot:
Photography: Lauren Gabrielle 
Venue: Tudor Room at Tudor Arms Hotel
Cake: Luna Bakery
Floral and Styling Collaboration: Blooms by Plantscaping
Linens: L'nique Specialty Linens
Chocolate Truffles: Lily Handmade Chocolates
Chairs, Plateware, Glassware, Silverware: Event Source
Lighting and Snow: Rock the House
 
In preparation for style inspiration generation,  I sat down with my daughters, they got dressed up in their Anna and Elsa costumes, and we watched the movie for the 6,239th time.  :)  I decided that I wanted to not focus on the expected for this shoot, being sequins, ice, silver and blue winter wonderland type decor.  Frozen takes place in Norway and interestingly enough, the beautiful technique of "rosemaling" is very popular in Nordic culture.  This was infused into the movie to give everything an authentic appeal and if you look past the ice castle and Elsa's sequin blue dress and white hair, you will see this traditional form of folk art popular in this amazing part of the world in every corner.  I decided to go this route instead, and use the bright sunset at the beginning with the ice workers as our timeframe and incorporate colors of teal, purple, blues and white.

I have always admired the artistic photography of Lauren Gabrielle.  Some of our planners have worked with her but I had not before, so I was ecstatic when she replied to my email right away saying she would be honored to collaborate with me on this shoot!  Her photos are always amazing and she did not disappoint.  I feel that we came away with photos of the style that are even better than I would have imagined!

Of course, I had to include some chocolate and the best chocolate I know in Cleveland comes from Lilly Handmade Chocolates.  Amanda worked with me to create such beautiful truffles to display on our tablescape that used the rosemaling pattern.

You can see that hot chocolate with whipped cream was served to each guest at this imaginary dinner for our Frozen royal characters.   Serving it in Moscow Mule mugs gave the best metallic accent to our tablescape.

Rock the House not only created the lighting backdrop that was really necessary to pull of this icy look, but they also made it SNOW!  Talk about the icing on the cake!  I wish we had a video of this too because it was a magical moment!

This styled shoot would not have been possible without the creative collaboration with Arne at Blooms by Plantscaping.  When we met up to brainstorm (over cocktails), we really thought it would be cool (no pun intended) to use minimal floral and do a mostly hanging chandelier.  This is something we are seeing more brides request for a focal point over a head table or cake table.  Believe it or not, we were not sure of which chairs we wanted to use until the shoot.  If Arne had not suggested we have the wonderful Event Source team bring a few options so we could see what looked best, we would not have had this amazing look.

The large white chair from Event Source was meant for the Queen, Elsa of Arendelle.  I created all of the stationery myself (used to do it for all our weddings - crazy, huh?!).  Last but not least, I can't forget to mention the wonderful talents of Brynn and Anna at Luna Bakery who came up with gorgeous jewel toned cake with the rosemaling designs!  It was just perfect.

Our giveaway for this styled shoot is a set of two Moscow Mule beverage mugs with hammered finish.  Go to our facebook page and be the first to like, comment AND share the post to win!