Great Gatsby Prom

June 4, 2009



Does Kirkbrides Wedding Planning & Design ever do events other than weddings, you ask? Of course we do! This weekend we did a few, and the prom was one of them!

On Thursday, May 28, Kirkbrides coordinated our first prom to date! Rachael Gummersbach, our other planner besides myself, did all of the planning, design and legwork on this one, so I can't really take much credit. But I think she did such an amazing job creating all of the details that went into their theme of "Great Gatsby". When I walked into the location to help her set up, I was blown away. I think that many people would be very happy if this was their wedding! I KNOW that this was a million times nicer than my own proms!

The school was Western Reserve Academy. We served Strawberry Lemonade as the specialty "mocktail" drink in an upstairs cocktail hour. Our tables were named after different aspects of the Great Gatsby story and I feel that the design of the room and night completely encompassed the story. After dinner, the kids headed downstairs to a tented courtyard for dancing and entertainment.

I know that the staff members and students were pleased and hopefully we will be able to use our creative energy and planning skills on more proms in the future!