Nirali and Nirav: Sunday Ceremony & Reception

June 29, 2009



In January I began working with Nirali and Nirav to plan their 3 day long traditional Indian wedding for.....the weekend of May 29-31 of the same year. Yes, 4 quick months to plan 3 days full of events! There are so many details and so much to say about this wedding that I don't even know where to begin. Since it was the first full Indian wedding I worked on since the Indian weddings I worked on in Los Angeles and New York, I was so happy for the opportunity! Nirali was extra helpful in explaining all of the details and special meanings behind the customs. She and I also really enjoyed designing and planning all of the creative details to go along with the "East Meets West" theme using many colors, as you will see.



This post contains pictures from Sunday's ceremony and reception (the big day), but in the future I plan on posting pictures from Saturday's dancing event as well as the henna night on Friday. I will let the pictures speak for themselves. Be sure to check out their thoughtful note to me at the end of the post as well! Those notes are like gold to me because I truly put every ounce of time and energy I have into making these weddings not only beautiful, but enjoyable for my clients.

I could not have done this without my amazing team including Rachael, Janine, Liz and Maura who tirelessly helped me all weekend long.

All pictures are courtesy of my friends, Chris and Julie First at Z Media. They are so great to work with and some of the kindest and most thoughtful vendors I know. I am looking forward to working with them again in August on another very exciting Indian wedding!

























LauraW said...

holy cow with the lighting effects, valarie!! they are so cool!

...and the specialty drink menus are gorgeous too :) no wonder you've been so busy!

Toby Hicks said...

I love the projections on the roof and design on the cake. Great integration of the different elements.