Old Glam Wedding

November 11, 2008


The Kirkbrides team and I had such a wonderful time on Saturday coordinating Vanessa and Jon's wedding. It was truly what dream weddings are made of.



When I met with Vanessa and her mom Diane last December, I knew this was a a perfect match. We had the best time working together on all of the old glam theme details, vendors and plans. Vanessa is a caring, special and fun person who I will continue to be friends with. As you can see in the pictures below (provided to me by Easywind Studio), the photobooth, ballroom dancer performances, silver slippers for women on the dance floor, 40's style cake, art deco ballroom, crystal lined centerpieces, custom uplighting, custom designed menus, table names and calligraphy placecards by Kirkbrides all contributed to the festive day!

















The wedding was really enhanced by special music throughout the entire day. The highlight was the children's choir at the catholic ceremony. It was absolutely breathtaking! Then at the cocktail hour, we created a special playlist with music by Shirley Bassey, a diva songstress from the 50's and 60's, best known for Goldfinger, along with other music with the same style. Our piano player for dinner added just the right touch, and the 10 piece band kept the guests dancing all night long.









Thank you, Vanessa, Jon and Diane, for allowing me to be such a big part of such a big day. Congratulations!






Here is an e-mail I received from Vanessa on Monday. Isn't she the sweetest?!

Hi Valarie,

I just wanted to thank you for all of the time and effort you put into our wedding day. There is no way we would have been able to do it without you! Throughout the entire planning process, I always felt that you cared about my wedding as if it were your own. The day ran smoothly and on-time, and I was able to enjoy every part of it. So many people--family, friends, and even vendors--told me I was the calmest bride they've encountered. This was because I knew that you were managing every aspect of the day--there was simply nothing to worry about.

Our guests were blown away by the beautiful day you coordinated. We received compliments on every aspect of the day: the ceremony, cocktail hour, and the reception itself. My reception was so romantic, and it perfectly captured our "Old Hollywood Glam" theme. All of the details you provided were so special, and they added a personal touch to those things that usually go unnoticed at weddings.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart! I'm honored to have had such a creative, organized and kind person coordinate the most important day of my life. Please look for a letter of recommendation in your mailbox soon--it's on my list of things to do. Also, please put me on your list of references. I would be more than happy to share my wonderful experience with Kirkbrides with potential clients.

Thanks again and hope to see you soon,
Vanessa
Anonymous said...

where was that reception at? it's beautiful!