Romance in the Air at the Glidden House: Barb and Jeff on 12/4/10

March 10, 2011







Pictures courtesy of Lisa McCraw from Z Media Photography


I started working with Barb and Jeff on their wedding in early January of 2010. This was one of the smallest weddings I have done which is so much fun to work on because weddings with guest counts of less than 40 or 50 do take on a different feel than the average size of 150 or more. We worked together to create a romantic, victorian feeling evening for guests! Our Glidden House front room/breakfast venue area served as the perfect backdrop for this charming wedding, as well as accommodating the out of town guests who came to celebrate with Barb and Jeff.









We served lobster and filet mignon with special selections of wine and it was quite a special night where I'm sure all guests felt like kings and queens! Our fun Fuji instant snap camera helped create a fun activity for guests to take a picture in front of the Christmas tree and then sign a love note to the bride and groom next to their picture in the guest book. I have to say that Barb's 12 year old niece was such a wonderful assistant who helped me all day long and maybe one day will join our coordination team, you never know! ;)


Our solo violinist, Ariel Clayton, provided an excellent selection of classical music paired with a few Christmas tunes during dinner and cocktail hour. When dessert was served (our beautiful cake from Bridget at Flour Girl), our caricature artist came in to offer guests another fun activity as well as a personalized caricature drawing to take home.


It was a magical evening that ended with our first significant snowfall of the season. I am so happy for Barb and Jeff as they are such classy, thoughtful and charming people who deserve a lifetime of happiness together. Congratulations to the both of you and thank you so very much for the opportunity!








Dear Valarie,

There are no words to express how thankful I am to you for making this magical day come to life! You took the stress away and made it look easy! I am so impressed – you promptly returned every call/email, though of/solved issues before I knew they existed and you were kind/understanding even when I was late or slow to respond. You were supportive, always on time and completed every task quickly/efficiently! I could not have asked for more. You are not a wedding planner – but a dream maker! You have made one of my biggest days a huge success. The level of professionalism has been outstanding! The vendors were all lovely, wonderful people who brought excellence to this wedding. You made me feel like a millionaire – anyone would be lucky/priviledged to work with you. I am so glad we found you! I could not have done this without you. I would recommend you to anyone! I think you have found your calling! Thank you for working so hard – you made me feel I was your only customer!

Sincerely,

Barb



Valarie,

Thank you so very much for all of your hard work and effort you put in to making our special day so very unforgettable! We certainly couldn’t have done it without you! I am sure other clients of yours have been easier to work with for various reasons, but you have always been professional and a joy to work with. I never though before this that working with you would be such a smooth and easy experience, but it has and it has made our lives very stress-free through this whole process. Thank you again, we certainly won’t forget it!

Warmest Regards,

Jeff


Pictures that I took throughout the reception: