Annemarie & Nick's New Years Eve Wedding at the Doubletree by Hilton Tudor Arms Hotel

August 14, 2014




VIDEOGRAPHY: Candy Apple Films
FLORAL DÉCOR: Flowerville
LINENS & CHAIRS: Party Décor
DANCE FLOOR & GLASSWARE: Eventsource
CAKE: Luna Bakery
DJ, PHOTOBOOTH, LIGHTING: Ryan Konikoff from Rock the House
ICE SCULPTURE BAR: Elegant Ice Creations

Annemarie & Nick's wedding was featured on Grace Ormonde Wedding Style!

Winner of the 2013 ISES WOW! award for Best Wedding!

This post comes quite late but I think I've always had a little trouble coming up with the right words to accurately describe just how AMAZING this wedding was, in every way!  First of all, Annemarie's dress.  Just drop dead gorgeous!  This was my 2nd wedding working with her family and it was so wonderful to see Jeannine & Sean again!!!

Annemarie and I created the whole wedding around a concept of time - as in counting down the seconds until the new year.  This ceremony was absolutely perfect!  Snow began to fall as soon as we were ready to walk down the red carpet aisle and could be seen through the large window backdrop.  Not only did our officiant, Bob Javorsky, read the lyrics to "Time in a Bottle" during the ceremony, Annemarie and Nick had 3 readers give a short speech each about being married for 5 years (her friend), 30 years (his dad), 60 years (her grandma).  "An Affair to Remember" played on the TVs in the cocktail hour area as a background type of decor.  A champagne fountain was also a necessity for this wedding!  A LARGE clock that can be seen in our amazing video was the perfect backdrop for our gift and guest book table (plus they get to hang it in their house now too!).  We had circular menus on the tables, gold wristwatches engraved with a beautiful quote about time and love ("Hold infinity in your palm and eternity in an hour").  Our reception decor was designed around a royal wedding style and while guests were eating dinner, we "flipped" the Tudor room where the ceremony was held to a New Year's Eve dance party reception including a 12 foot long ice bar complete with the same quote from the pocket watch favors, a black and white checkered dance floor and a custom photobooth.  Guests jaws dropped when they entered the party room after dinner.  The lighting from Rock the House was just beautiful and the graphics (Madonna's Ray of Light video - ish) on the flat screen TVs during dancing definitely made you feel that you were at the best New Year's eve party of all time!  I can't imagine how anything could top this!  At midnight, there was a 30 pound confetti drop.  If you are having your wedding at Tudor Arms in the future, I don't believe they allow anyone to do this anymore!  :)

This was an incredible effort on every vendor's part and it was fabulous working with the assembled team that night.  I also need to mention Ryan Konikoff from Rock the House, who is my close buddy from years of working together and unofficial wedding planning partner on many weddings (including his sisters just this summer) who played a huge part in planning this wedding with me and Annemarie.

Congratulations Annemarie & Nick!  I will never forget your over the top New Year's Eve celebration!

Lastly, a note from Annemarie on her 1 year anniversary:
Hi Val,

Thank you! Happy New Year to you and your family. You deserve a restful NYE (although two sick children probably isn't restful). I'm so happy we had you as our wedding planner. The days leading up to the wedding and the day of the wedding would not have been as successful without your extensive experience, knowledge and intuition. I feel like I had the very best vendors and I'm extremely happy with the way everything turned out. 

I can't believe its been a year since we had that magical night. We opened our bottle of wine and read our letters. I know you suggested the "wine box of anniversary" and at the time I liked the idea but didn't think how I would feel when we opened the box. When we actually got to open the box and read our letters it was such a fun way to reconnect to our wedding and reflect on the year. We hope to make it a yearly tradition. 

Jeannine and I both miss you. Jeannine is 3 weeks from her due date and is ready to have her baby girl. It was not that long ago you delivered your precious baby girl. What a busy year! 

I hope this year brings you much success and wellness. 

Best Wishes,
Annemarie



A Tudor Arms Hotel Wedding - Annemarie & Nicholas - New Years Eve from Candy Apple Films on Vimeo.




















































tisha said...

I needed perfect setting for everything like flowers, chairs in our wedding and believe me the Wedding venues I have booked provided me everything that I required. I highly recommend this location to everyone and I am certain you will like these venues.

Unknown said...

This wedding looks beautiful! I am going to get married really soon and my fiance really wants to have a wedding like this. It seems like you would need a wedding planner to help you do a wedding like this. Is that what you needed to do? I'm wondering if I need to hire one to help us out.

http://www.ocweddingsplanner.com/Wedding-Coordinators

Mestry said...

Thank you for the post. Read A Guide For planning a new year's eve Wedding, We suggest you A Guide For planning a new year's eve Wedding.
For more information, Read the blog : https://redlettersevents.com/guide-for-planning-a-new-years-eve-wedding/

ZoopGo Home services said...

Thank You for sharing such an amazing content!! I would love to share in Caterers in Delhi Groups