September 25 Pittsburgh Wedding: Abby & TJ

November 15, 2010


This September 25 wedding contained a lot of "firsts" for Kirkbrides.
  • One, it was the first time we did weddings for two sisters!
  • Second, it was the first time we planned a wedding in Pittsburgh.
  • Third, it was the first time I had a groom dress in his military uniform and have his fellow air force members perform a Saber Arch after the ceremony!
  • And last but certainly not least, one of Abby's brothers wrote and performed a song dedicated to her - it was meaningful, sentimental, funny and catchy! It was a wonderful moment outside of the "regular" wedding routine of events.
Abby really reminded me of my favorite classic movie star that day: Audrey Hepburn. I know she has blond hair and everything, but her style was so Audrey. :) I loved her headpiece! The wedding ceremony took place at a church right next to Pitt's campus, in the First Baptist Church of Pittsburgh which was built in 1812! Our reception was held at Springwood, one of the prettiest indoor and outdoor locations I've seen.

It was wonderful to work out of town for a weekend (and a few separate trips leading up to it!), and interesting to see weddings done in a different city. Congratulations Abby and TJ!!!

Pictures are provided courtesy of Bryan Reid Photography, who also does weddings in Cleveland!

Note from mother of the bride:
Hi Valarie,
Van and I would like to thank you for all your hard work. Both occasions were
dreams come true. Once again, thank you for all your work. I can't believe both my girls are married and gone in less than 6 months?! But the weddings couldn't have
been more beautiful. I'll recommend you to everyone. Love, Kristen















All of the pictures below were taken by me!