July 3: Emily and Lauren

September 1, 2009



I had the pleasure of getting to know Emily through working with her for over a year to plan and design her antique and herb/lavender themed wedding. We worked together long distance because she lives in Florida with Lauren. Emily is one of the funniest people I've ever met, always upbeat with a sarcastic but positive remark about things. We also both love cats, so always had a funny cat story or two to tell each other.

She and Lauren are both passionate about politics. They even met at a history convention! We drew some inspiration from Monticello in our decor aspects, and even had Thomas Jefferson pictured on the save the dates! And since they attended the inauguration this year, they chose "At Last" for their first dance song!!

I wish there was a way to include smells on blogs. If there was, I would definitely include these bouquets because they smelled absolutely amazing with the real lavender!

Lauren also gets the award of "Nicest Groom" because he thanked ME in his speech at his reception! That just blew me away, usually I just hang out on the sidelines/background!

Congratulations Emily and Lauren! I am so happy for you and I hope you have many wonderful years together!

Here are my favorites from the pictures taken that day by Scott of Easywind Studio.