Orange and Yellow Happiness Wedding at Cleveland Botanical Gardens

October 24, 2011





Claire was one of my first clients to book her 2011 wedding with Kirkbrides, and I couldn't have been happier to work with such a joyful, happy and all around fun person. Claire was engaged to the brother of one of my past brides, Emily! She and I started working on her happy, bright, yellow and orange wedding together and planned the ceremony and reception at one of our favorite venues, Cleveland Botanical Gardens. It is always a joy working with Paula at CBG and Peggy from Bon Appetit catering.


We worked with an all-star team of vendors, including Tom Forrest Photography (with pictures to follow), Grande Designs Floral, A Cookie and a Cupcake and Kris from Num Num World Music. We even had an accordian player walk around during dinner music to further enchant our guests on the beautiful June summer day.

One of my favorite things about this wedding was the personal and heartfelt ceremony, which included songs from the Beatles played by the string trio, and readings from "The Velveteen Rabbit" and "Mark Twain". Another highlight was the creative menu that we worked with Peggy on, including spicy gazpacho and pineapple sorbet as the first course, and guests' choice of local salmon, chicken breast or vegetable pad thai! Also as you can see in the pictures below, the passed alcoholic snow cones during cocktail hour were a huge hit! The flavors included mojito, margarita and orange creamsicle.

Congratulations Claire and Don, and cheers to a lifetime of happiness!!!

Note from Mother of the Bride (did I mention how much more I totally understand the mother's point of view now that I have my own daughter?!):

Dear Valarie,

Thank you so much for making Claire’s wedding day such a lovely occasion in every respect. Your calm, direct manner was a great reassurance to me, and Claire was delighted with all aspects of the event, as were we. Though I was nervous at various points, it was never because of any detail you overlooked, and in fact I calmed myself by remembering that we were in your very capable hands. From stopping the neighboring band without letting me know we had an issue, to retrieving Claire’s dress near the end of the reception, you went well above and beyond our expectations. We’re truly grateful for your lovely demeanor and invaluable guidance throughout this exciting year. What a pleasure to work with such a consummate professional!

Best,

Ann


PHOTOS COURTESY OF Tom Forrest Photography